How do I create a link to a document?
To create a link to a document, you can follow these steps.
Uploading your document to the CMS
First, you will need to upload your document to your CMS account asset library. To do this:
- Go to Manage Content > Assets > Documents
- Click on the 'Add File...' link.
- Now click on the browse button and select the document from
your computer. You can upload documents saved in any of the
- Once you've selected your document, give it a description and then click "Submit" to complete the process of uploading your document.
Note that you can also upload multiple documents by uploading a zip file and telling the CMS to 'Extract files from zip' by clicking on the check box just below the description field. This can save a lot of time if you have a number of documents to upload into the CMS.
Creating a link to a document
Now that you have uploaded your document(s) to the CMS, you are able to create links to those documents from any page in your site by following these steps:
- Navigate to the page where you would like to place the
- Click on the appropriate 'Edit Content' button.
- Place your cursor (click) where you want the link to be
inserted. Note that the description you chose before will be used
as the link/anchor text.
- Click on the Insert Document icon and select the document that you would like to
link to from the list.
- If you'd like to change the link/anchor text to something other
than the document's description, right-click on the link and edit
the hyperlink text.
- Save your changes.